Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Abortion worldwide.

After writing the last post I remembered something.
When I was still in high school, there was a girl sitting next to me in my economics class.
She seemed to be prepared for life, she was very realistic and very smart as well not to mention quiet. She rarely spoke. I tried having a conversation with her multiple times but most of the times I failed because of how quiet she can get. We had prom and in one of those attempts to talk to her, I made prom be the subject for there is always so much to talk about! But as I finished asking if she had a good time, I noticed the sad expression in her face. She then explained to me that she was not able to go to prom since she had been hospitalized because she had a miscarriage. I couldn't help but feel bad for mking her remember those hard moments. What should have been a great memory, turned out to be the most horrible experience a girl can go through. I never suspected she would be the type to become pregnant at such a young age.
I don't understand how some women can have the 'luxury' to choose whether to have or not to have a baby once they know they have gotten pregnant. This girl didn't have a choice, she had to accept the fact that she had lost her baby... Where in their hearts can a woman find the determination to end their unborn babies lives? I think that there should be more regulations to how abortion is practiced, and provide support for women who go through these type of hardships, and come up with some kind of mandatory organization to give teens orientation so that they don't have to face such a crude reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment